GK today 2017
Alfred Nobel on 27 November 1895 signed his will for Nobel Prizes in Physics, Chemistry, Physiology or Medicine, Literature and Peace.
• The prizes in Physics, Chemistry, Physiology or Medicine, Literature, and Peace were first awarded in 1901.
• In 1968, Sveriges Riksbank established The Sveriges Riksbank Prize in Economic Science to Award Nobel Prize in Economics.
• Nobel Peace Prize is awarded in Oslo, Norway. Other prizes are awarded in Stockholm, Sweden.
• Total 555 Nobel Prizes has been awarded between 1901 to 2012 (839 Laureates and 24 organizations)
• First Recipient of Nobel Prizes in 1901
Wilhelm Conrad Röntgen (Physics)
Jacobus Henricus Van ‘t Hoff (Chemistry)
Emil Adolf von Behring (Physiology or Medicine)
Sully Prudhomme (Literature)
Jean Henry Dunant, Frédéric Passy (Peace Prize)
• In 1969, Ragnar Frisch, Jan Tinbergen are the first recipient of Nobel Prize in Economic Sciences.
• 21 individual organizations have been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.
First Organization to Received Nobel Prize is Institute of International Law in 1904.
• International Committee of the Red Cross has been awarded three times, in 1917, 1944 and 1963.
• Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, has received the Nobel Peace Prize twice, in 1954 and 1981.
• Till now Nobel Prize awarded 44 times to women.
• Marie Curie is the first woman to received Nobel Prize in 1903.
• Only one woman, Marie Curie, has been honoured twice, with the 1903 Nobel Prize in Physics and the 1911 Nobel Prize in Chemistry.
• The youngest Nobel Laureates is Lawrence Bragg at the age of 25 in Physics, 1915.
• The oldest Nobel Laureates is Leonid Hurwicz at the age of 90 Economic Sciences, 2007.
• Four people have received two Nobel Prizes: Marie Curie , Linus Pauling, John Bardeen, Frederick Sanger.
Marie Curie is the only person to win a Nobel Prize in two different sciences.
• With total five, Curie family has received the most prizes: (Marie Curie received 2, Pierre Curie received 1, Irène Joliot-Curie and Frédéric Joliot-Curie received 1,Henry Labouisse received 1).
• Till now two People decline Nobel Prize. First person to declined the Nobel Prize is Jean-Paul Sartre, in 1964 in Literature.
• First Nobel Laureates to be awarded under arrest is Carl von Ossietzky, Germany.
• Nobel Prize has only been awarded posthumously twice: Dag Hammarskjöld 1961 and Erik Axel Karlfeldt 1931.
Download PDF File Here[adsense4]
Related Post :